SAM THE SHEPHERDS HUT
Sam is also available for additional accommodation for two people within the same party. Sitting on the other side of the meadow, and complete with his original shepherd’s crook, you can enjoy triple aspect views across to the scarp slopes of Melbury and Fontmell Down. Sam also has his own veranda, outside dining area and barbeque, as well as the share of facilities with Mabel and your family or friends.
Cast your eyes across the buttercups and you will find Sam the Shepherd’s Hut sitting comfortably in the meadow. Purchased from retired Dorset Shepherd Larry Skeats, Sam has been restored to his former glory and comes complete with a Shepherd’s crook!
The stresses of modern day life are a distant memory here as you gaze across to the scarp slopes of Melbury and Fontmell Down. A pretty vintage quilt and luxurious sheepskin drape the comfortable 4 by 6 foot bed, which makes the most of the triple aspect views. Enjoy the dawn chorus whilst you boil the kettle on the stove to make your morning tea. Sam is well equipped for your arrival with water, stored in a vintage enamel container, with tea and coffee facilities. You also have access to the tuck shop and glampers kitchen which has a fridge and freezer and everything you need so you can enjoy a few evening BBQs.
A clever addition to this authentic hut is the veranda where you can enjoy a glass of wine and the barbecue whilst getting to know your neighbours Jasmine and Lily!
Evening entertainment is by candlelight. You can choose to toast chestnuts on the ‘pipsqueak’ wood burner, reach for the vintage scrabble set, or gaze at the night sky as you have never seen it before.
- Sam is only bookable as extra accommodation for Mabel at £65 a night to ensure complete privacy
- Mabel and Sam have a small 4ft double bed
- Linen and towels provided
- Glamping kitchen,tuck shop, Silo and hot tub use
- Private bathroom with composting loo and shower 30 metres away
- Basket of logs provided, £5 extra for re-fills
- Fire pit wood available to purchase as well as extra firelighters, matches and kindling
- BBQ’s and fire pits provided
- Dogs welcome at £25 per stay
- Child welcome in a tent alongside
- Minimum three night stay
The bathroom is just a short hop and a skip across the meandering paved path into a converted outbuilding. An antique commode-come-composting loo, a salvaged suite complete with electric shower, sink and a heated towel rail all combine to make a very comfortable convenience.